What happened to Slydr 2.6 ?

I submitted Slydr 2.6 Friday the 6th Jan as i though i’d better update NoDo users with latest changes. I branched current Mango code base and made changes to revert the code to NoDo compatible code. I didn’t realise it but i left Mango version of Silverlight Toolkit and 2.6 didn’t pass certification as the app crashes when you navigate to Settings page. This is what consumes the Silverlight toolkit based controls.

So what did i do ? Well to start with I pushed 3.2 (which is update to 3.1 Mango version and contains some bug fixes) and its currently in testing. I have also downloaded NoDo sdk to get my hands on NoDo Emulator so i can thoroughly test 2.6 when i push it for certificaiton in coming week.

Apart from that Cool Cam is close to completion. I have the photo viewer working correctly and all i need to do is get effects application code working correctly. I plan to finish it tonight and then hopefully i will polish it a bit (for example displaying a count down when using timer mode). Then comes the annoying part of localisation. I am keeping the text very simple and so i hope localisation is easy / more accurate.

Last week i also published entire word lists i have generated. I have uploaded 50k zip, entire zip and log file which details file count / word count etc etc.

Recent work

I finally started working on Sat Nav app last night.. Not having maps is getting tiring specially for testing.. i guess i will have to download at least a big chunk of maps and set up my own map service so that i can keep testing – its getting very very annoying.

Apart from that i have been reworking on my second favourite topic.. Frequencylists. One of the chaps asked me a couple of questions and i must say good questions… the word count, the file count etc etc. In fact if it wasn’t for him i personally wouldn’t have bothered with this whole – how true is the corpus. I remember talking to a greek user about a greek list on similar lines however this time it was english and i could deal with it easily 🙂
He cleverly pointed out that on opensubtitles.org each movie at times had multiple subtitles and i check my repository and that was true… i reworked the algorithm to pick up only one set. Before i left for home, i kicked off the code and the frequency lists should all be built by now.

I might just upload the whole lot instead of only sharing 50k. People can deal with large lists 🙂

Besides all this, i finally fixed my dishwasher. It was a leak in water reflow system ? took the gasket off, cleaned it nicely… bit of rust, cleaned that and put it all back togather. My tests showed that second time around i did a pukka job. Well done me 🙂 Guess i can concentrate on coding fully now.

DIY Frequency word list

Can’t believe i have spent so much time looking for usable word lists.
oh well… some things things came out of it… some not so good…

found about national corpus projects car ried out in various countries. Tried to use a lot and did succeed in some. Not any more.

I have finished v1.9 and i am taking word list building into my own hands 🙂

Download 51 GB repository for different language files and have already written a frequency list builder that you can just target at a directory and it does the rest :). Thank you http://OpenSubtitles.org

Hopefully my ISP wont disconnect me half way through… 2.5 megs and second and counting…