Recent work

I finally started working on Sat Nav app last night.. Not having maps is getting tiring specially for testing.. i guess i will have to download at least a big chunk of maps and set up my own map service so that i can keep testing – its getting very very annoying.

Apart from that i have been reworking on my second favourite topic.. Frequencylists. One of the chaps asked me a couple of questions and i must say good questions… the word count, the file count etc etc. In fact if it wasn’t for him i personally wouldn’t have bothered with this whole – how true is the corpus. I remember talking to a greek user about a greek list on similar lines however this time it was english and i could deal with it easily 🙂
He cleverly pointed out that on each movie at times had multiple subtitles and i check my repository and that was true… i reworked the algorithm to pick up only one set. Before i left for home, i kicked off the code and the frequency lists should all be built by now.

I might just upload the whole lot instead of only sharing 50k. People can deal with large lists 🙂

Besides all this, i finally fixed my dishwasher. It was a leak in water reflow system ? took the gasket off, cleaned it nicely… bit of rust, cleaned that and put it all back togather. My tests showed that second time around i did a pukka job. Well done me 🙂 Guess i can concentrate on coding fully now.


Slydr 2.2 re-submitted to marketplace

Got notification last night that i had bungled up my v2.2 submission. All the dictionaries and keyboard layouts had taken its toll and i had conveniently forgotten to include Slovakian dictionary with the release.

Now i way already working on landscape support so decided to wait a day and submit it all. Here you go. 2.2 is now with microsoft. It contains all dictionaries and full landscape support. I have tested each and every single language and layout both in landscape and portrait mode to ensure that it works and goes through.

Also the Application icon and App Tile icons now get their colours from the theme. No more static blue icons. If you like Red or Green or any colour it will change use that as the background.

I am starting to see some use in Nordic countries. Though Pre-Emptive analytics website is not being very reliable off late.

I am spending this weekend laying out the decking so no work on Slydr for couple of days.

Another 8 days to go

The joys of coding a numerous 🙂

for starters its all the praise you get from users 😛

I am resisting desire to make release before adding support for Nordic / Russian / Ukarainian.
the thing that makes it hard is that standard Querty keyboard has 10 letters in a row max. Nordic / Russian / Ukarainian has 11 letters per row. While means i need to rework a lot of character detection code 😦

why why why… just when life was getting easier 🙂

The total support languages for 2.0 will be
English, French, German, Spanish, Catala, Italian, Portuguese, Bralizian Portuguese, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, Ukarainian and Turkish. (word lists are ready for these languages… yay – hope i got them right)

After adding these, i need to fix a bug in automatic space addition. If i still have energy, I will try to add Slovakian.

I have another 8 days of laptop use before i lose it for 3 weeks. I might do some work from my desktop – which recently got all the dev tools but i have a hectic schedule of fixing my garden while the girls are away. All i gotta do is take some paving slabs off from half the garden, put new ones in the first half and landscape the rest of it. DIY paving here i come