Earlier this year, I took the responsibility of ensuring that Coding4Fun toolkit supported Windows Runtime apps on Windows Phone 8.1. I spent a good part of March / April porting major chunks of code without porting XAML.
Occasionally I was reminded of the pending work by both Clint Rutkas and others, namely Glenn Versweyveld. After another round this week, I decided to take advantage of the quiet time I am having to push this through.
I have created a fork of coding4fun repo on codeplex and so far this is what i have done
- Coding4Fun.Toolkit updated to support universal apps (Win8.1 and WP8.1)
- Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Audio updated to support universal apps (Win8.1 and WP8.1)
- Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Storage updated to support universal apps.
- Created Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls project to explicitly support WP8.1
- Added Tile, ImageTile, SuperImage, ColorHexagonPicker, BubbleChat & BubbleChatTextBox controls
Once parity with existing Win8.1 lib has been achieved, the next version of toolkit will be released on Nuget.