Sldyr 3.3 contains a dirty hack #WP7 #windowsphone

Since i moved to new code, the reviews (apart from one word feedback like “crap, shit, worthless”) mentioned that its not acurate. well i now use similarity algorithm which means that user trace is compared against what apps database.
“tree” and “three” have very similar path. Infact half the time even i can’t do it perfectly. Similarly
“ciao” and “chiasso” have a very simiar path.
so I started by first doing a similarity match followed by a sort to reorder but that messes everything up.
“starts” always returns “states”

so what did i do ? well i said “if the word index of 2nd word is greater than 1st word and the difference is greater than 100, show second word before 1st. Thats it. doesn’t do anything elegant.

It solves all the issues i mentioned about but it still make me feel a bit dirty… yikkkkkkeeeeeeessssssss.

I have also tried to patch the runaway blank space bug 🙂 I doubt i’ll ever fully get rid of it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s