Slydr 2.3 submitted for testing

I have finally submitted 2.3 for testing. It includes a significant change in functionality i.e. predictive typing.

Because the requirements for predictive typing are different as compared to sliding, i had to rework my word dictionaries slightly. hopefully it doesnt take significantly longer to load. I have used TRIE implementation as i mentioned previously instead of TST.

Apart from that i have reduced the creation of “use and throw” threads 🙂 i already had thread in background for dictionary processing, now i use extra events to cancel existing operation rather than trying to kill the thread (which of course never worked in WP7)

Finally i updated char popup width to match key width in portrait or landscape mode.

I am working on Mandarin / Cantonese dictionaries. Requires a bit more time as the dictionaries are slightly unusual 🙂

Hermit

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s